Monday, August 24, 2015

year one

"You waited a year to start a blog?"

Yeah, I know, I know. Most mommies would have been blogging on day one. "Here's my new baby." "Here I am breastfeeding" "Here we are in this cute matching outfit" "Here I am with makeup, blown out hair, and jeans that I didn't sleep in." ... yeah, turns out I am not that mommy.

I mean, I do care about those things. Sort of. To be honest I just didn't have the mental bandwith (as my husband calls it) to dedicate to all those things I thought I would be doing as a first-time mom. This last year has been a harsh dose of reality and humility for me. But, in a weird way, I think it's for the better.

So, here I am on day 365. Finally feeling like I have solid ground underneath me... sometimes. And I've finally started to feel like I can get my feelings, memories, and fun experiences written down so I can remember them and embarrass my child for eternity. Fun times.

So, here goes nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment